It's go time people. With the season officially underway you might not need as much entertainment as a few days ago but here are a few items you might want to check out around the interweb in between games:
- Blackhawks' viral marketing campaign... putting ice sculptures of the Stanley Cup all over Chicago [Puck Daddy]
- A look at who could win the NHL's TV rights... looks like a two dog race. [SPJ]
- The Royal Half finds their inner Mad Men as they take a look at the new LA Kings billboard campaign... and even make a few of their own. [The Royal Half]
- Part Two of House of the Hockey's Greatest NHL Players By Letter... we were wondering how they were going to handle "X". [HotH]
- Chris Boyle from Habs Eyes on the Prize with a corker of a post. "Five Good Reasons Carey Price is Still in Montreal". The post is so good, I'm almost convinced that trading Halak was the right idea. [HEotP]
- Bye-bye Buffaslug. [NY Times]
- Finally since we have actual-real-life-game-action we need to show a clip from the first game of the year... which we watched on our Game Center Live account. So glad to have that thing. If you live out-of-market we don't know how you live without it. Canes beat the Wild... Brandon Sutter owners rejoiced!