We've decided to reproduce a few of them on the site to drum up a bit more business and more importantly to generate a bit of discussion.
So this is only going to work if we get a ton of comments. So the 90% of you that are reading this but never comment... let's hear what you have to say. Love the list? Hate it? Somebody we forgot? Let us know.
Today's list.... Top 10 Fantasy Prospects from the 2011 Draft
If your league has a prospect component you probably already own our famous Fantasy Prospects Database. Cam spends a big percentage of his life thinking about prospects and he's nice enough to put them on paper for us. In my opinion the Prospect DB is the best thing we produce at FHS.
Here are the top ten guys from this summer's draft rated from a fantasy perspective, as listed in the Prospect DB.
1) Ryan Murphy, CAR (1st round - 12th overall) 63 games with 26+53=70 in OHL
We love his fantasy prospects. He's got tons of offensive skill but is smallish (5-11, 170). Still at camp so it looks like he'll get nine games at least.
2) Sean Couturier, PHI (1st round - 8th overall) 58 games with 36+60=96 in QMJHL
Think Jordan Staal but with more scoring upside. He'll likely return to junior next year but could surprise. Another guy who surprised and has managed to stick with the Flyers throughout camp.
3) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, EDM (1st round - 1st overall) 69 games with 31+75=106 in WHL
Brilliant playmaker, finished third in WHL with 106 points. He has been compared to Brad Richards. Made the Oilers and will make his NHL debut this weekend. Needs to show he can handle the physical stuff to stick more than nine games.
4) Jonathan Huberdeau, FLA (1st round - 3rd overall) 67 games with 43+62=105 in QMJHL
105 pts in 67 gms in 'Q', he's has tons of skill One of the last few cuts in Florida's camp. He'll spend the whole year in junior.
5) Matt Puempel, OTT (1st round - 24th overall) 55 games with 34+35=69 in OHL
Expected to be Top 10 but fell to 24 due to a hip injury. He's a pure scorer with lots of upside. He's way down on many prospect lists but could be a fantasy star one day. Back to OHL for him this season.
6) Sven Bartschi, CAL (1st round - 13th overall) 66 games with 34+51=85 in WHL
Was the top scoring WHL rookie (85 pts in 66 gms). A bit on the small side but will muck it up if he needs too. He's only decent prospect in Calgary's system and is back in the WHL this season.
7) Ryan Strome, NYI (1st round - 5th overall) 65 games with 33+73=106 in OHL
Broke out in a big way in 2nd OHL season (106 pts in 65 gms). We thought he had no chance to make the but like others on this list he'll get at least nine games to show what he can do.
8) Joel Armia, BUF (1st round - 16th overall) 48 games with 18+11=29 in SM-liiga
A big time goal scorer playing in SM-liiga. He's a few years away...but he's one to keep an eye on
9) Gabriel Landeskog, COL (1st round - 2nd overall) 53 games with 36+30=66 in OHL
He's NHL ready and has long term potential to be a 30 goal / 60 point guy. Probably the best potential to make an impact this season but doesn't have the high end fantasy value you should be looking for with your prospect picks.
10) Adam Clendening, CHI (2nd round - 36th overall) 39 games with 5+21=26 in NCAA
Offensive d-man who could be a future PP QB. Just finished his first year at Boston College.