As you might expect, there was a fair amount of movement in this month's rankings.
Although the rankings are based on expected performance from this point FORWARD, year-to-date production was factored in as well. Left wingers like , , and were not highly drafted but are producing well, are in good situations, and are ranked accordingly.
Left Wing Rankings -->> Top 30
Note: Left Wings are ranked for their expected performance from this point to the end of the 2011-2012 season using standard scoring league categories: Goals, Assists, Power Play Points, Shots on Goal, Plus/Minus, Penalty Minutes, and Average Time on Ice. Last month's ranking is indicated in parentheses.
10. Ryan Kesler, LW/C, Vancouver Canucks (12)
11. Zach Parise, LW, New Jersey Devils (3)
16. Alexander Semin, LW/RW, Washington Capitals (8)
17. Patrik Elias, LW/C, New Jersey Devils (18)
19. Michael Cammalleri, LW, Montreal Canadiens (14)
20. Patrick Marleau, LW, San Jose Sharks (17)
21. Brenden Morrow, LW, Dallas Stars (16)
22. Max Pacioretty, LW, Montreal Canadiens (26)
25. James van Reimsdyk, LW, Philadelphia Flyers (19)
26. Joffrey Lupul, LW/RW, Toronto Maple Leafs (NR)
27. Scott Hartnell, LW, Philadelphia Flyers (28)
28. Steve Ott, LW, Dallas Stars (NR)
29. Gabriel Landeskog, LW, Colorado Avalanche (NR)
30. Chris Kunitz, LW, Pittsburgh Penguins (25)
On the bubble:, Vaclav Prospal, , , , ,
**Re: position designations...If a player is listed with dual eligibility of W/C, he will be ranked among the wings.
If he is listed as a LW/RW he will be ranked at the position where he sees/has seen the most ice time.
***was switched from RW to LW, so he now appears on the LW Rankings list.