Hey guys, yesterday i did not get many questions whether it was on here, or others sites that i am currently using. The questions I did get however, were very good. For the most part, they required a lot of thought and number crunching. Here were the best questions...
A: I do not think you could go wrong with either of the two, Both are playing exceptional, but i think since forward is a lot deeper than defense, I would go with Schultz.
A: Tyler Seguin and it really is not that close. Tyler Seguin has so much upside and is gonna be good for a very long time. Right now his production is not where it should be, but it will get there. Pominville is a really good player and is off to a great start. If this was not a keeper league i might say Pominville, but Seguin's upside out weighs his current production by a lot, and the points will come very soon.
Q: Better add, Zajac or Brunner in a standard, non keeper league?
A: Travis Zajac. He is off to a great start, and in my opinion, he is one of the most underrated players in the league. He should be owned in every league. Brunner has lots of upside and he is one of the better rookies out there, but he is not nearly as valuable as Zajac in a non keeper league.
Q: Should I drop Max Pacioretty since he is out 3-4 leagues in my standard league?
A: If you have an IR spot in your league's settings, than no and you stash him in that IR spot. If not, I would drop him if it is a non keeper league. I wouldn't drop him if your league has 14 or more teams though.
Alright. If you have any questions for me today, comment on this post and I will either reply to your comment, or use it in my next blog post.
Now for today's top 5 list; The Top 5 Best Starts This Season
1. Patrick Marleau- Sharks- He is a BEAST! Marleau has 8 goals in 4 games and 11 points in total. He is the first player since 1917 to score 2 goals in each of the first 4 GAMES! Wow.
2. Joe Thornton- Sharks- Patrick Marleau's partner in crime. Thornton has 9 assists in 4 games this year to go along with two goals. He is playing as well as he ever has, and that is saying something.
3. Craig Anderson- Senators- Anderson has been lights out this season. He has a .67 GAA and a .976 save percentage through 3 games. He is playing even better now than he did in the playoffs against the Rangers when he was the best player on the Sens.
4. Martin Brodeur- Devils- He has played 3 games. In those 3 games, he has a .98 GAA and .958 save percentage. He is playing like a 26 year old. Turns out, he is 40.
5. Patrick Kane- Blackhawks- Kane has been the catalyst for the Blackhawks this season. He is doing everything. He has 2 goals and 7 assists in 5 games this year. He is playing some of the best hockey of his young career.
Three Stars of the Night 1-26
1. Matt Read- 3 goals, 0 Assists
2. Marian Gaborik- 2 goals, 2 assists
3. Patrick Marleau- 2 goals, 1 assist
Follow on Twitter @iamnyr244
Star of The Day 1-26
Matt Read- 3 Goals (1 vote)
Marian Gaborik- 2 Goals, 2 Assists (1 vote)
Patrick Marleau- 2 Goals, 1 Assist (0 votes)
2 total votes