- Alexei Cherepanov has passed away, he collapsed during a KHL game and was later pronounced dead... very sad.
- Philly has traded for Andrew Alberts.
- See the update on Jack Johnson's injury below, LA has claimed Kyle Quincey off waivers from Detroit to help replace him... good luck.
Drew Doughty played almost 24 minutes last night, so LA is definitely not easing him into the lineup but no points to show for it so far.
Wayne seems to be easing all of his rookies into the Phoenix lineup as Turris, Boedker, Tikhonov and Porter are all seeing between 11 to 16 minutes a night. Boedker and Turris had their first goals last night and Turris has 3 points in 2 games so far.
Dustin Penner had 2 goals in Edmonton's opener last night but before you go out and pick him up just note that he only played 14 minutes on the 3rd line with Pisani and Moreau and saw virtually no PP time.
Nigel Dawes and Petr Prucha were healthy scratches for the NYR on Saturday.
Injury Updates (see our Injury Updates page which will give you a consolidated list of injury status):
- Still waiting on word on the MRI of Kevin Bieksa's sore knee... we'll let you know when we hear anything.
- Chris Higgins is still nursing a groin injury and hasn't played yet this season, he's day-to-day.
- Jack Johnson (the dman, not the singer) has a torn labrum, will have shoulder surgery this week and is out 2-3 months.
- Antero Nittymaki and Josh Harding were both healthy enough to dress as the backup goalie on Saturday night so they both appear to be recovered.
- Marek Zidlicky is still not ready to give his wonky ankle a try so he's out for all 3 games this week.
Distraction of the Day
What's distracting us today... it's Thanksgiving, Canadian style today... not as big a deal as in the US, as we don't get all into the pilgrims, football and shopping but it is still about roasting up the dirty bird and fixing up all the trimmings... Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends and Happy Columbus Day to our American friends.