Lucic wakes... Satan motivated... Seabrook plus-4... Hudler back (officially, sorta)... Goncharov signs... an all d-bag distraction
After going pointless in his first five playoff games this year, the bear has awoken as Milan Lucic has points in his last three games including the GWG late in the 3rd last night. We like the kid as a player but we're starting to sour on his fantasy prospects after a 20 point season (in 50 games) unless you're in a league that heavily weights PIMs.
Miro Satan had another deuce for the B's, that's three straight and he has 4+4=8 during a five game point streak overall. A few more games like this and he'll pass his regular season production in about a quarter of the games... ahhh, motivation is an elusive beast.
Brent Seabrook had a huge game last night for the Hawks as they evened up the series at one... he was 1+2=3 with a plus-4 and has 1+6=7 in his last four games.
So while the Wings haven't said anything officially, GM Ken Holland did say yesterday that he's looking forward to having Jiri Hudler back, so I guess that's as official as it gets since his situation is pretty complex. Hudler had made some steady progress from 25 to 42 to 57 points in his first three full NHL seasons and after a 54 points in 54 games KHL campaign we would expect him to continue along his previous path and should be good for around 60 points next year.
The Coyotes have signed 2007 5th round pick, Maxim Goncharov to an entry level deal. The 20-year old dman will come to North America next season after putting up 4+13=17 in 51 games for CSKA in the KHL and while that may not seem like a lot, trust us, its pretty impressive for a kid his age in that league... he's going to be a good one and while the Yotes may want him to start in the AHL, we're guessing that he won't be there long.
Just an AHL note, Canes prospect Zac Dalpe's season is over after Albany lost in the playoffs but the kid showed well with 9+5=14 in 17 combined regular season & playoff games after joining the team once his season at Ohio State ended (where he was 21+24=45 in 39 games). He's one to watch for next season but the Canes tend to take it slow with their prospects so he could end up spending most of the year in the AHL.
What's distracting us today? Today it's an All Douchebag Distraction:
- First up is a douchebag from the Barrie Colts named Darren Archibald. Why is he a douche? This crazy hit on Windsor goalie Philipp Grubauer is more than enough evidence for us. Also, Archibald's hair is stupid. (stick tap to BMR)
- Claude Lemieux doesn't like all the attention all of these new douchebags are getting. He wants you to remember he's the only douche who could score in the playoffs: "You have to look at the whole package and it’s hard to compare, because there’s not too many guys in the all-time top 10 in playoff scoring [like him]."
- This douchebag isn't a player... in fact we don't even know his name. But whoever started this Facebook page definitely belongs in this distraction. PS - If we see you flashing that hand sign, you'll be on this list too. (assist to SLGT)
You've all seen Dan Carcillo's terrible acting job from the series against the Devils but now he's accusing Marc Savard of biting. According to Down Goes Brown this is just another one of Carcillo's lies since "in actuality, Savard has been taking all his meals through a straw since early March". Good point.
- Random Sean Avery video... because without him this wouldn't be a complete list now would it.
- Finally we'll finish off the list with another great video from Bloge Salming... Matt Cooke and Steve Ott in the same video? I think we're about all douched out then: