You know how they say, "No News is Good News"... well this post would like to disagree...
You know it's the dog days of summer when Jonathan Willis is analyzing comps for 15-year-olds... This won't be relevant for most fantasy GMs for a few more years but is interesting nonetheless to look at how 15-year-old phenom Nathan MacKinnon stacks up against some other famous alums from Shattuck-St.Mary's.
I was working on some of the Islanders breakout candidates for The Breakout Bible last night and it's quite an interesting and eclectic group. I'll throw out a few questions that are spinning round my head right now...
- This will be year #4 for Josh Bailey but he seems to be going backwards, is there any reason to think that it's going to click for this guy other than just a hunch?
- Can we take the streaky Blake Comeau seriously if he's lining up with Bailey for most of his shifts?
- Frans Nielsen may be a useful player but not in fantasy leagues. (That one is more of a statement than a question)
- What is Nino Niederreiter's role?... assuming he makes the team... he is, right?
- How does Streit's return impact the production of Andrew MacDonald and, FHS favourite, Travis Hamonic?
- Is Al Montoya for real? (I'll answer that one for ya... HELL NO).
Let me know in the comments where I'm way off base.